Monday 18 June 2012

Card Class at Ransomes Sports and Social Club 31st May 2012

A display of all the kits and personalised sweetie boxes!


Sorry this is a bit late in coming but here we are with last months Card Class pictures.  I thought this time I would show you the prepared kits all ready and willing to go!  As you can see I decided to go along with the rest of the nation and do it in 'Jubilee' style!  The Union Jack was made up with so many strips I thought it might get confusing but as you can see below there were no such problems!  I gave my ladies some creative freedom so that they could use the same kit but vary their results; again below shows how good that can turn out!

I used mostly materials from the summer mini but had to adapt to get all I needed together for the Celebrate card.  On the blue background to the flag I used the Parlour Prints stamp in craft white and heat embossed using the cherry scented embossing powder from the summer mini; very effective I thought!  

I love to mess about with my punches and it is amazing how versatile they can be.  Using the Blossom punch and cutting off two of the petals you get a cool little butterfly!  I used a brad from the antiques pack to hold it in place!  The Blossom punch was also used to create the layered flower on the pop up card.  Again using different colours and papers the results were all unique!
The ladies loved having some sweets to nibble at to get the creative juice flowing!  Starburst will do that for you!!!  I'm really loving the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch.  It is very effective as an alternative to actual ribbon and looks great wrapped around the little personnalised (using the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet) boxes (made with the Bigz Scallop Square Clear die and scored on the Simply Scored Scoring Tool) made for the sweeties.  Try saying that after a glass or two of wine!!!!!


These two lovelies were created by Nicola as variations using the same kits!  It is always a delight to see what people come up with using their own imagination!

2 comments:

  1. I had a lovely time at the last card class, sadly I can't make this months one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's fine Janina. You had said it was possible your shifts would mean you were working. Was lovely having you there last month! See you at Create & Co xxx

    ReplyDelete